Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The DIGITHEAD Mystique and Dealing with Pot Smokers....

Many years ago I produced a local cable show with two hosts that were involved with pot smoking endeavors.  I regress....while using these two persons who volunteered to participate in my DIGITHEAD experiment, I soon learned that they both liked to smoke alot of pot and one of the hosts particularly enjoyed his cannibus while we traveled to Amsterdam where the substance is quite legal.  I had no idea what adventures awaited me to only learn that both of my hosts were participating in illegal substance abuse by American standards.  The situation had become out of control.  What was this producer to do but try and limit the publics opinion by keeping them both as far away from the narcotic as possilbe; not so easy when you're dealing with egos and sometimes juvenile behavior.  The two of them have moved on to bigger and better things but keep this as a warning to many would be producers out there that you must engage in extensive background checks with the people you put onto the air before you give them a forum to vent their frustrations.  I wonder what they're doing now and only hope and pray that they've grown out of their narcotic endeavors and look to clean up their act.  I appologize to the viewers we connected with in hopes that they understand that sometimes, you must be very careful about who you choose to put on the air or over the internet when it comes to broadcasting ideas and choosing a candidate.  I didn't do my homework as best as I could when researching their escapades in the area of illicit narcotics.  Make sure you do if you affilliate yourself with people that are going to be your spokespersons.  The past will always come back to haunt you.  I remain, Gentleman Jim

1 comment: